Hello! My name is Mackenzie Thomas, otherwise known as Kenzie. I am a freshman at Marywood University and my major is photography. With this as my major, I am in the art program and take classes such as Basic Drawing, Art History, and 2D Design. I never took an art class and I never did it as a hobby, but I am ready to learn a new skill!
Being the blogger for photography is super exciting and I cannot wait until it takes off. I have been doing photography mainly since my sophomore year of high school when I joined Journalism. Since then, it has become a huge passion of mine. My favorite thing to photograph is nature because I get to see the world in a whole new perspective. It was very fun to find new angles and ways to express what I want my viewers to focus on. I also really enjoy doing photo-shoots with my friends. It is simply fun to have individuals try out different poses and spots to get a photo just right. Provided below is some of my work.
10 Random facts about me
- My favorite color is purple
- My favorite season is Autumn
- My hobbies include hiking and photography
- I graduated from North Pocono High School
- I have had my best friend in my life for 13 years (girl in photo captioned “Senior Photos”)
- I took journalism for three years where I worked on the school’s paper, yearbook, and video announcements (I mainly edited or recorded the announcements)
- The people I look up to most are my former teachers Mrs. Besko (English) and Mr. Davis (Journalism)
- I really enjoy anything scary
- I dye my hair a lot
- I dream of traveling a lot after college
Check out more of my work here.