I’ve been getting things done for the senior show at the beginning of April. It’s been tough but I’ve gotten two done and the third one is looking good. The second sculpture that I did didn’t take as long because the face was a computer screen. All I had to do was figure out how I could support it because it very heavy. I gave it brass and copper accents to help tie it in with the other sculptures that I’ll be making.
It’s steampunk themed but there are a couple of junkyard elements to these pieces. Mostly because that’s what I had available to me. I’ve done my best by painting pieces to look like copper and brass. I feel that it’s helped and given it more of a steampunk vibe. I really hope to get the next two done in time for the show. I’m working on the basics and then if I have time I can go back and make final touches to the sculptures.